Top Medical Colleges in Uttarakhand is renowned for its standard of education and its welcoming learning environment. There are a total of 450 MBBS seats in private medical colleges of Uttarakhand. These best medical colleges in Uttarrakhand provide a good learning environment.
The inclusion of these colleges in our list is due to their affordable cost of education, which sets them apart from the expensive educational institutions of other states such as - Rajasthan, where the cost of pursuing an MBBS degree can easily exceed 80 lakh rupees mark.
Himalayan Institute of Medical College and Shri Guru Ram Rai Institute are the major points of attraction for the majority of students, despite their higher fee structure students are opting for these colleges because of their excellent academics.
"Gautam Buddha Chitiska Mahavidhalaya" offers a distinct advantage to students with lower marks, as they can easily secure admission to the institution. Additionally, the college's location provides further benefits, and it has a forward-thinking vision that shows potential for future growth and development, despite currently being in its early stages."
The mix of colleges in Uttarakhand includes top medical colleges, as well as Top government medical colleges in Uttarakhand. Whereas, HIMS and Shri Guru Ram Rai Institute are Private Medical Colleges and Gautam Budha is a Government college.
Quick Summary about Top Medical Colleges in Uttarakhand Fee-
|S. No||Name and address of the college||Establishment year||Annual seat||Total fee||Cut off|
|1.||Himalayan Institute of Medical College, Dehradun||1995||150||95 lac||470|
|2.||Shri Guru Ram Rai Institute of Medical and Health Sciences, Dehradun||2006||150||7 lac||423|
|3.||Gautam Budha Chitiska Mahavidhalaya||2022||150||84||151|
There are several compelling reasons why Uttarakhand should be your destination of choice for pursuing an MBBS degree -
- Beautiful Surrounding: Uttarakhand is renowned for its stunning natural beauty and peaceful ambiance, making it an ideal location for focused and immersive learning. The state has very gorgeous natural surroundings, beauty, and a range of stunning mountains.
- Quality Education: Pursuing MBBS in Uttarakhand might be a little expensive for medical students with a low budget, but the state is a hub of top-notch medical colleges, making it an attractive option for medical students.
If we compare Uttarakhand to the rest of the country’s state then we will find that the Tuition fee for MBBS and the cost of living in Uttarakhand is a little expensive, but we can not overlook the state's commitment to providing a top-notch education to MBBS students, just because of its expenses.
- Clinical Exposure: The top medical colleges in Uttarakhand have a large ample medical college with a high number of clinical exposure for their students, giving them a proper chance to obtain practical experience of real-life medical scenarios. Much of the practical clinical experience surely helps students in building the confidence and skills necessary to succeed in their careers.
- Teaching Experience: In Uttarakhand, the majority of medical colleges were established before 2005, while only a handful was established in the last decade. As such, it is important for MBBS students to select a perfectly experienced college with an ample number of faculty members, which is a significant requirement for a successful medical education.
- Patient inflow: The patient inflow in Uttarakhand MBBS colleges is generally good, as the state has a significant population and is home to many hospitals and medical centers. Top medical colleges in Uttarakhand are affiliated with various hospitals and clinics, providing students with ample opportunities to interact with patients and gain practical experience.
Detailed Explanation of Top Medical Colleges In Uttarakhand
Himalayan Institute of Medical Science was established in 1995, and this is a trust-run medical college this college has been affiliated with Swami Rama Himalayan University since its establishment and provides undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various medical fields, including MBBS, MD, MS, and MSc.
HIMS has 150 seats for students that want to pursue MBBS, along with courses under specialization and super specialization such as obstetrics and gynecology, ENT, Neurosurgery, etc.
The fee for the following MBBS courses in HIMS is around 95 lacs. Along with it, the college is recognized by the National Medical Council (NMC). HIMS has a 750-bedded hospital, which provides students with ample opportunities to gain practical experience and hands-on training in a clinical setting.
|Year of establishment||1995|
|Number of seats||150|
|Specialty in PG courses||22|
|Seats in PG courses||117|
|Affiliated||Swami Rama Himalayan University, Dehradun|
|Listing and recognization||National Medical Council|
|Postal address||Jolly Grant, Bhania Wala, Uttarakhand|
MBBS Course Details
The MBBS course duration is 5 and half years which includes 12 months of internship. Admission is granted through NEET UG Exam and according to score. Himalayan Institute of Medical Science accepted students through Uttarakhand State Counselling.
Internship Details of HIMS
The internship at HIMS is a one-year program that includes both theoretical and practical components. During the internship, students are required to rotate through various departments, including medicine, surgery, obstetrics etc.
Shri Guru Ram Rai Institute of Medical and Health Sciences is a medical college located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. The college was established in 2006 and is affiliated with Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University.
The college offers undergraduate medical courses such as MBBS, B.Sc. Nursing, and postgraduate courses such as MD/MS, M.Sc. Nursing, and others. The college is also equipped with modern facilities and infrastructure to provide quality education to its students.
Shri Guru Ram Rai Institute has 150 MBBS seats along with specialized courses such as - ENT, Gynecology, Orthopedics, and many more.
The Fee for pursuing MBBS will cost you around 75 lakhs, also the college is recognized by the National Medical Council (NMC). This college has one of the best infrastructure, a library, and outstanding faculty to make it a top medical college in Uttarakhand.
|Years of establishment||2006|
|Number of Seat||150|
|Speciality in PG courses||20|
|Seats in PG courses||96|
|Affiliated University||Shri Guru Ram Rai University|
|Listing and Recognition||National Medical Council (NMC)|
|Affiliation||Shri Mahant Indresh Hospital|
MBBS Fee Structure-
|Seat type||Gov. seat||Management Seat||NRI seat|
|MBBS Fee||INR 60 Lacs||INR 75 Lacs||INR 94 Lacs|
Gautam Buddha Chikitsa Mahavidyalaya is a medical college located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. It was established in 2022 and is affiliated with Ras Bihari Bose Subharti University, Dehradun.
Also, the college offers undergraduate medical courses such as MBBS, B.Sc. Nursing, and postgraduate courses such as MD/MS, M.Sc. Nursing, and others.
|Year of establishment||2022|
|No. of MBBS seats||150|
Ras Bihari Bose Subharti University, Dehradun
There are some of the best green lush top medical colleges in Uttarakhand that are fascinating for students seeking to study in a peaceful environment. This is also a fact that in Uttarakhand, the majority of medical colleges were established before 2005, while only a handful was established in the last decade. The reason for the late commencement of medical education in Uttarakhand is the high terrain of Uttarakhand.
There are a total of 450 MBBS seats in Uttarakhand, in these colleges -
- HIMS Dehradun (Himalayan Institute of Medical Science)
- Shri Guru Ram Rai Institute of Medical and Health Sciences
- Gautam Budha Chitiska Mahavidhalaya
We assigned these colleges to our list due to their constant improvement. It is also a fact that they charge a high amount for MBBS college. But, the level of study they provide is also exceptional, which makes them the best Medical colleges in Uttarakhand, also their teaching faculty is also good.
Get Support from Team Get My University
Uttarakhand's medical education is outstanding because the majority of its medical colleges were founded before 2005 and have years of experience, despite the fact that studying MBBS in Uttarakhand may sound relatively pricey and that living expenses are high. Therefore, it would be wise to explore Uttarakhand as a possibility. Get in touch with Team Get My University experts if you still have questions and need help.