The UTTARAKHAND NEET UG counseling 2023 is going to be conducted by “Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University” (HNBUMU) and the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS). Counseling will be conducted for the 85% Government & 100% Private Medical & Dental seats.
The counseling process typically begins after the NEET UG results are declared and the exact dates for the counseling are announced on the official website of UME.
The Uttarakhand counseling process consists of three rounds - Round 1 is conducted online, Round 2 and the third round, also known as the "Mop up" round, are conducted offline. If any seats remain vacant after the Mop-up round, then a "Stray round" or college round will be conducted.
In Uttarakhand, there are a total of 6 colleges - 3 government, 2 private, and 1 AIIMS, which will be filled through the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC). Out of the 425 seats in the government colleges, 15% or 64 seats will be filled through the All India Quota (AIQ) counseling conducted by the MCC, while the remaining 361 seats will be filled through the state-level NEET MBBS counseling process in Uttarakhand.
To be eligible for the Uttarakhand NEET UG counseling process, candidates need to clear the NEET exam. They can then register themselves on the official website of the counseling authority, which is www.hnbumu.ac.in. A registration fee of Rs 3000 is required to be paid by all categories of candidates, as per the authority's declaration when the counseling process begins.
Highlights of Uttarakhand
||Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University
||MBBS and BDS
||Government and Private
||85% Government and 100% Private
|Rounds of Counseling
||Round 1, Round 2, Mop up
|Type of Seat
||Government and Private
General, ST, SC, OBS, EWS and PWD
|No. of College
|Cut-Off Private State Quota
|Cut-Off Private Management
Salient Features Of Uttarakhand NEET UG Counselling 2023
- In the first round of counseling, candidates are allowed to exit without any penalty.
- If a candidate does not report after seat allotment, in round 2 they will not be allowed to exit.
- The security deposit paid during counseling will not be refunded if a candidate does not take admission after seat allotment in the second round.
- To verify documents, candidates are required to upload them online during the process of UTTARAKHAND NEET UG Counselling 2023.
- Candidates who have not been allotted a seat or have been allotted a seat but did not take admission will be eligible for a refund of the security deposit paid during the counseling process. The refund will be processed after the completion of all the counselling rounds.
- Following the completion of all counseling rounds, the security deposit will be refunded to eligible candidates (not assigned a seat or allocated who have taken admission).
- An application form will be launched before every round of counseling.
Uttarakhand NEET UG Counselling Eligibility Criteria
- To gain admission to medical colleges, students must pass the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET).
- Only Indian citizens are eligible for seats under government, private, or management quotas. Foreign nationals can apply for seats under NRI or other quotas.
- Non-domicile candidates can apply for category B seats in private medical colleges.
- Security guards and accommodation services are provided to students.
- To be eligible for admission, students must have passed their 12th-grade or equivalent exams.
- Domicile candidates are eligible for all seats.
Make sure you fulfill all the eligibility then you will be allowed to take part in Uttarakhand NEET UG counseling 2023.
Eligibility Criteria For Domicile Claim
- Residents of Uttarakhand who have completed their 10th and 12th grade or equivalent exams from a recognized educational institution in the state are eligible.
- Non-residents of Uttarakhand who have completed their 10th and 12th grade or equivalent exams from a recognized educational institution in the state are also eligible, but they won't be eligible for any reservation benefits.
- Residents of Uttarakhand who have completed their 10th and/or 12th grade or equivalent exams from a recognized educational institution outside the state are also eligible.
Uttarakhand MBBS Seat Matrix
Out of the 361 government seats available under the state quota, three seats are reserved for Kashmiri migrants, and an additional three seats will be filled through the centrally pooled quota.
** There is no NRI seat in the Private Medical College of UTTARAKHAND
Type of Seat
- Government seats are available in the medical and dental colleges of Uttarakhand that are run by the government. Only candidates who are domiciled in Uttarakhand are eligible to apply for these seats.
- State quota seats in private colleges are available for medical and dental courses in Uttarakhand. These seats are reserved for candidates who are domiciled in the state.
- Private management seats are available for both domiciled and non-domiciled candidates in Uttarakhand's private medical and dental colleges.
Steps Involved In The Uttarakhand Counselling Process
- To apply for admission, candidates must register online at www.hnbumu.ac.in and pay the application fee of 3000 INR (for all categories) online.
- After registration, candidates can log in using their ID and password and take a printout of their online application.
- A merit list will be published, and candidates must fill in their choices online.
- After the publication of the merit list, centralized advance tuition fees must be paid.
- Candidates must report to the counseling center to verify their original documents.
- Candidates who have registered for Round 1 of counseling need not register again for the remaining rounds.
- Registration for each round of counseling will open before the commencement of the round.
Choice After Allotment of Seat
- If you are satisfied with the college you have been allotted, you can report to the college and verify your documents.
- If you are satisfied but wish to upgrade your college in the next round, you can report to your allotted college and select the upgradation option for Round 2.
- If you are not satisfied with your allotted college and wish to participate in the next round, you can choose to skip reporting in Round 1.
Uttarakhand NEET Counselling Fee Structure
|Type of Seat
||Type of College
||Fee (Min and Max)
||Same For All
||Same For All
||Same For All
||Open For All
|Government Medical College
|State Medical College
|Dental Medical College
The fee will be refunded if the candidate exits after Round 1 or joins after seat allotment in Round 2 or joins in Round 1 but does not upgrade in Round 2.
The fee will not be refunded if the candidate does not join the allotted college in Round 2.
Get My University Analysis
Uttarakhand is a good option for students with lower ranks in NEET UG 2020 who are willing to pay higher fees for both government and private medical colleges. During the counseling process, 1969 students applied for 651 medical seats, and there were 3 candidates competing for each seat.
The cut-off trend in Uttarakhand has been observed to vary from high to low from Round 1 to stray round. For a mid-range private medical college, the Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences is the best option in the region. The cut off rank for a government medical seat for a General category student was 37985, and for a private management seat, it was 331247.
It is important to note that students seeking a management quota seat should budget close to 5 lakh rupees for the first year, including hostel, mess, security deposit, and other charges.