Rajasthan can be an excellent state to pursue MBBS, it is important to note that the cost of pursuing medical education in the state may be slightly higher compared to other states. The Office of the Chairman of the NEET UG Medical & Dental Admission/Counseling Board conducts the RAJASTHAN NEET UG COUNSELING for both government and private medical and dental seats.
The Rajasthan NEET counseling process includes three rounds: Round 1 is conducted online, Round 2 is conducted online, and the Mop-up round is conducted offline. If there are any vacant seats after the Mop-up round, then a college round is conducted, which is also known as the "Stray round".
To participate in the Rajasthan NEET UG counseling process, candidates must first qualify for the NEET exam, then register themselves on the official website (which changes every year) by paying the required fee. This article will provide a complete overview of the Rajasthan NEET counseling process for the year 2023.
For students who prefer the Northern region of India and are more comfortable with its environment and climate, pursuing a medical program in Rajasthan can be a choice.
Highlights of Rajasthan
||www.rajugmedical2020.com & http://www.education.rajasthan.gov.in/medicaleducation
||Office of the Chairman, NEET UG Medical & Dental Admission/Counseling Board
||MBBS and BDS
||Government and private
||85% Government and 100% Private
|Rounds of Counseling
||Round 1, Round 2, and Mop up
|Type of Seat
||Government and Private
||General, SC, ST, OBS, EWS and PWD
|No. of Colleges
|Cut-Off- Private Management
Salient Features of Rajasthan NEET Counselling
- Free exit is only allowed in Round 1.
- If you did not report then there is no free exit in Round 2.
- In the second round of the counseling process, non-upgraded candidates are permitted to exercise a free exit option if they choose to resign on the spot.
- If a candidate is allotted a seat but does not take admission, the security deposit will not be refunded.
- After the procedure of allotment of seats is done then, document verification will be started.
- The process of locking choices will occur automatically.
- Eligible candidates (those who have not been allotted any seat or those who have been allotted a seat and have taken admission) will receive a refund of their security deposit after the completion of all rounds of the counseling process.
- The application form will open before every round of counseling.
Eligibility Criteria of Rajasthan NEET MBBS Counselling 2023
- Students have to qualify for NEET.
- Must be an Indian Citizen to claim a seat under Govt./Private/Management.
- Foreign nationals can also apply for seats under NRI/Other Quota.
- Non-Domicile can apply for B-category seats in Private Medical Colleges.
- Security guards and security services are provided for students’ accommodation services.
- Students must have passed 12th or equivalent exams.
- Domicile candidates are eligible for all seats.
Eligibility Criteria For Domicile Claim
The eligibility criteria for admission to Rajasthan MBBS and BDS courses are as follows:
- The candidate's natural father/mother must have lived in Rajasthan continuously for the last 10 years, and the candidate must have studied for at least five years in a recognized educational institution in Rajasthan during this period.
- Bonafide residents of Rajasthan who are studying in other states are also eligible.
- The candidate must be the son/daughter of a serving or retired employee of the Government of Rajasthan or an officer of All Indian Services who has served for more than three years with the state government.
- The candidate must be the son/daughter of a serving or retired permanent employee of a government undertaking, corporation, improvement trust, municipal body, council, panchayat samiti, or cooperative body constituted by the Government of Rajasthan by an act of law who has served for at least three years on the last date of submission of the online application form.
- The candidate must be the son/daughter of a serving/retired permanent employee of any of the State University or Secondary Board of Education (Rajasthan) who has worked in Rajasthan for three years preceding the last date of submission of the online application form.
- The candidate must be the natural son/daughter of a serving/retired permanent employee of the Indian Defense, and the employee must be of Rajasthan origin, irrespective of his place of posting.
- The candidate must be the natural son/daughter of a serving permanent employee of the Indian Defense and the employee must be posted in Rajasthan at the time of the last date of submission of the online application form for admission.
- The candidate must be the son/daughter of a serving/retired person of the Paramilitary Forces of India and an employee of Rajasthan state, irrespective of his place of posting.
- The candidate must be the son/daughter of a serving person of the Paramilitary Forces of India and the employee must be posted in Rajasthan at the time of the last date of submission of the online application form for admission.
- The candidate must be the son/daughter of a Judge of Rajasthan High Court, subject to the condition that he/she submits an undertaking/affidavit stating that such a benefit is not being claimed or availed of by them in any other state.
- Candidates who do not fall under the above clauses I to X will be considered for allotment against NRI quota seats and will also be considered for allotment against vacant seats available after exhausting the state merit list.
The office of the Chairman of NEET UG has established all these certain requirements for the candidate to prove their eligibility in the Rajasthan NEET UG counseling 2023.
Eligibility of NRI Candidates
To be eligible for admission under the NRI quota, the student must have at least one parent or a first-degree relative (such as a real brother/sister) who is an NRI and resides abroad. Alternatively, if the student is a ward of an NRI guardian, they may also be considered for admission under certain conditions, provided that the guardian is a real uncle/aunt, grandparent, or first-degree cousin of the candidate.
Proof of NRI status must be submitted in the form of a certificate issued by the Indian embassy/Ministry of External Affairs, or a notarized undertaking executed by the sponsor and notarized by a foreign country's Notary Public. The sponsor must also submit an affidavit stating that they will take care of the student and sponsor their entire course fee.
Type of Seat
- Government seat: This refers to a seat in a medical or dental college in Rajasthan that is offered by the government. Only candidates who are domiciled in Rajasthan are eligible to apply for these seats.
- Self-financed Government seat: This is a government seat in a medical college in Rajasthan, but the fees charged for this seat are higher than those for regular government seats. These seats are also only available to candidates who are domiciled in Rajasthan.
- Government seat in Private: This type of seat is offered in private medical or dental colleges in Rajasthan, but is reserved for candidates who are domiciled in Rajasthan and eligible for government seats.
- Private Management seat: This type of seat is open to both domiciled and non-domiciled candidates, but the fees charged are higher than those for private seats in private medical colleges in Rajasthan.
- NRI seat: This is a seat reserved for foreign nationals or non-resident Indians (NRIs) in government medical colleges of Rajasthan.
Steps Involved In The Rajasthan NEET Counselling Process 2023
- Register online on www.rajugmedical2020.com
- Login using your ID and password, take printout of your online application by paying
- 2000 for General and 1200 for reserved category application fee online.
- Verify your document at the time of reporting after allotment of your seat.
- NRI and Defense quota students need to verify documents before allotment of seats.
- Merit list will be published.
- Fill your choices online
- Deposit registration fee (Only for MBBS) Not applicable to BDS
- Print your filled application after auto locking of your choices.
- Registration will open before every round of counseling.
Choice after Allotment of Seat
Option 1 – Once you are satisfied, with the seat allotted to you, you may proceed to the college you have been allocated to, where you will be required to report and authenticate your documents.
Option 2 – If you are satisfied with the college allotted to you, but willing to go for upgradation in the next round by securing your seat. You can report to your allotted college and select the upgrade option in round 2.
Option 3 - You may choose to not report to the college allotted to you in round 1 if you are not satisfied and wish to participate in the next round.
Implementing all of these options during the seat allocation is the most effective approach to ensure a smooth and hassle-free RAJASTHAN NEET UG COUNSELLING process.
RAJASTHAN offers various types of fee structures in its various colleges. The fee varies from one college to another. The fee structure for different types of seats within the Government may vary.
The fee structure for private seats is further subdivided into private and management seats.
|Type of Seat
||Type of College
||Same For All
||Same For All
||Same For All
||Same For All
||Open For All
Security Deposit Detail-
|Government Medical College
|Private Medical College
|Dental Medical College
Things To Remember -
Refundable: If you exit the counseling process after the first round or join the college you were allotted in the second round, or if you joined in the first round but did not upgrade in the second round, you can resign during the second round counseling to avoid losing your deposit.
Non-refundable: If you do not join the college you were allotted in the second round, your deposit will not be refunded.
Get My University Analysis
In the 2020 counseling process for medical seats in Rajasthan, the cut-off for Government seats was very high. This was due to a large number of students from Rajasthan scoring high marks in the NEET exam and very few surrendering their seats after getting allotment in Round 1. Only 450 out of a total of 1684 Government seats became available in Round 2, and only 6 seats were available during the mop-up round.
On the other hand, the scenario for private seats was not as difficult, as many seats were surrendered after every round of Rajasthan NEET UG counseling, and there were 137 seats available till the end of the counseling process. We advise students to analyze the situation well in advance and not wait until the last minute to secure a seat.
It is also important for students seeking private seats under the management quota to explore cheaper options that they might miss due to a lack of knowledge. Additionally, we have seen many students lose the opportunity to secure a Government seat in the All India Quota because they were focusing solely on options in Rajasthan counseling.