- NMAT Philippinesor the National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) is a nationwide examination required for the entrance to any medical school in the Philippines. After completing the BS course, the Indian students will have to sit for this exam for admission in the 4 year MD course.
- BS & MD Criteria – Candidates going to the Philippines after class 12th are eligible for 2 Year BS post which they will be writing their NMAT Exam for entry into 4 year MD program.
- Number of Attempts – The student will get 4 attempts for this test while studying the BS course and the students will be provided with the study material upon their arrival in the Philippines. This test is to be cleared once in order to get admission in the MD course.
NMAT Exam Philippines Syllabus
The NMAT Philippines is divided in two parts:
Part I consists of tests of mental ability and Part II tests the academic proficiency of the students.
The 4 sub-tests that compose Part I measure aptitudes that were found to have significant correlations with the academic performance of medical students, while the four sub-tests that compose Part II measure subject proficiency in areas which are part of the academic background required of applicants to the medical course.
PART 1 of NMAT – Duration 3 hours
It has the following 4 sub-parts:
- Verbal – 40 Questions – 40 Minutes.
- It consists of two item types, namely, word analogies and reading comprehension, which measure verbal ability in English.
- Items in reading comprehension are based on the content of portions of published materials covering a wide range of topics, e.g., social, scientific, medical, philosophical, literary.
- Inductive Reasoning – 40 Questions – 50 Minutes.
- This subtest consists of number, letter, and figural series and figure grouping items.
- These items are known to measure induction which is the ability to form and test a hypothesis directed at finding a principle with which to identify an element fitting a given relationship.
- Quantitative – 40 Questions – 50 Minutes.
- This sub-test consists of three item types, namely, fundamental operations, problem solving, and data interpretation.
- These items are intended to measure general reasoning which is defined as the ability to organize and apply knowledge of basic mathematics and reasoning to find solutions for them.
- Perceptual Acuity – 40 Questions – 40 Minutes.
- This sub-test consists of three item types, namely, hidden figure, mirror image, and identical information.
- Solutions to these items involve accuracy in visual perception, an ability linked to extensiveness of scanning, a cognitive style associated with meticulousness, concern with detail, and sharp, yet wide-ranging focus of attention.
PART 2 of NMAT – Duration 2.5 Hours
This has the following 4 Sub-parts:
- Biology – 50 Questions – 35 Minutes
- Unity and Diversity of Life
- Cells and Cellular Processes
- The World of Plant and Animal Development
- Life Processes: Regulation and Homeostasis Organisms and Their Environment
- Physics – 50 Questions – 40 Minutes.
- Vibrations, Waves, and Optics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
- Social Science – 50 Questions – 35 Minutes.
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Chemistry – 50 Questions – 40 Minutes.
- General Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
Syllabus for MBBS in Philippines
Gross Anatomy, Histology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Neuroscience 1, Primary Health Care
Gross Anatomy, Histology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Neuroscience 1, Biostatistics, History of Medicine
Pharmacology, Microbiology, General Pathology, Clinical Pathology, Physical Diagnosis, Neuroscience 2, Epidemiology
Pharmacology, Microbiology, General Pathology, Clinical Pathology, Physical Diagnosis, Neuroscience 2, Paediatrics, Surgery
Paediatrics, Ob-Gyne, Surgery, Medicine, Legal Medicine, EENT, Neuroscience 3
Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Surgery, Medicine, Community Medicine, Dermatology, Radiology, Rehabilitation medicine
Medicine, Surgery, Ob-Gyne, Paediatrics, Community Medicine, Neuroscience
Subjects of M.D are very much similar to subjects of MBBS degree in India. Students who pursue MD degree in Philippines would learn almost same subjects that would help them to clear screening tests conducted by National Board of Examinations in India.
Specializations in MBBS in Philippines
|Aesthetic, Reconstructive & Burn||Hepatology||Pharmacology|
|Allergology& Immunology||Infectious Diseases||Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery|
|Cardiovascular Pathology||Internal Medicine||Public Health|
|Cataract and Refractive Surgery||Interventional Cardiology||Pulmonology|
|Colon and Rectal Surgery||Invasive Cardiology||Radiology|
|Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery||Laparoscopy||Rehabilitation Medicine|
|Cosmetic Surgery||Legal Medicine||Reproductive endocrinology and infertility|
|Emergency Medicine||Nuclear Medicine||Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery|
|General Practice||Pain Medicine||Dentists|
|Head & Neck Surgery||Pediatric Surgery||Dental Surgery|
|Hematology/Oncology||Oral Surgery||General Dentistry|
|Paediatric Dentistry||Prosthodontics||Implant Dentistry|